moja mediaworks presents and facilitates engaging and informative workshops on our main event theme, Women, Water & Peace along with numerous topics and social issues catered toward supporting individual And community awareness, growth and engagement. We are dedicated to seeing social change, organizational development and the dismantling of problematic systems and structures of oppression that plague our the modern world, particularly in light of our current political climate.
We are proud to present facilitators from our growing moja mediaworks team and tailor content and formats that are functional, supportive and transformative for higher education communities, organizations, groups and communities. Though we are primarily engaging colleges and their surrounding communities, we are developing programming and events for elder groups, high school, intergenerational and other populations.
The moja mediaworks model seeks to integrate inspiring, motivating cultural content, media and arts in an interactive format to promote progressive communal and social change from multiple levels of engagement and participation.
Classes/Presentations/Workshops available as:
- 2 hour Presentation/Discussion (booking 2-3 weeks in advance)
- 4 hour Morning/Afternoon/Evening Workshop (booking 2-5 weeks in advance)
- 7 hour Full Day Workshop (booking 3-6 weeks in advance, team facilitation available)
- Full Day Workshop with Evening Event (booking 8-12 weeks in advance, team facilitation available)
Our topics and subject areas include the following:
- Consent and Emotional Safety *
- Conversations on Race *
- Conversations on Decolonization
- Organizational Diversity and Inclusion
- Racial Justice *
- Dagara Cosmology: Bringing Balance to the Community
- Women's Roundtable
- Conversations on Sexual Violence *
- Dismantling Patriarchy
- Communication and Consent: Negotiating Connection *
- Men’s Work: Teaching Men and Boys Not to Rape - inspired by Zerlina Maxwell
- Men's Work: Men Healing Men (available as a 3-day weekend experience)
* online webinar available